Graphic Settings Tweak
Graphic Settings Tweak
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: None

so i was doin some browsing and playing and I found some nifty stuff to increase graphics inside wow.

i personally made it all into a macro because if you were to change anything in the video settings in the game...even back and forth...it will reset the settings to wows "max" settings

here are the console commands

***NOTE***
Should only be done on a computer that is up to date and has higher end components. MAY AFFECT PERFORMANCE....

/console farclip 777
/console horizonfarclip 6226
/console groundeffectdensity 256
/console groundeffectdist 140
/console smallcull 0
/console skycloudlod 3
/console characterambient 0

***NOTE***
Should only be done on a computer that is up to date and has higher end components.

If you press CTRL+R before you apply settings(or after) you will show a realtime(ish) frame rate. you can use this to get a feel for how much extra load your PC takes when activating this tweak.

like i said, i just made a macro and i just hit it everytime i login(just to make sure its on) it really adds alot of depth, hope you all like it, LATERS!!!

v/r,
Franghorn
Ooooh cool, I'll have to try these, my system shouldn't even flinch.

hopefully...

here are the max SETTINGS so you can easily setup another macro to switch between the regular and amped settings

/console groundEffectDensity 16
/console groundEffectDist 1
/console horizonfarclip 1305
/console farclip 177
/console characterAmbient 1
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1
/console detailDoodadAlpha 1
Awesome. I tried the max settings above, and I did notice a bit more foliage on the ground and such. I'll play around with it some more. My usual settings are all at Max, but I think I still gain a bit more "stuff" with the tweak. Very cool!

I didn't notice a large FPS drop really, maybe 5-10 fps at most.

the FPS drop usually happens to those with lower end components, i think i avg about a 4 FPS drop with the tweaks
Quote by franghorn
the FPS drop usually happens to those with lower end components, i think i avg about a 4 FPS drop with the tweaks

Yeah, if I macro those lower end settings you have in the 2nd reply you made, I get like 280 fps lol. Walking around however with those tweaks I get around 100-130 fps depending on how many players are in the frame.

Even so, it does add depth with the extra ground clutter I did notice the skybox looks a bit better also.

[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members