UI Post - Let's see yours!
UI Post - Let's see yours!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: None

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
Alright, this is my main raid UI. Grid and Clique replaced Healbot (which was horribly huge and bulky) and Pitbull replaced Xperl. I'm curious to see what your raid UI's look like- I know mine isn't perfect but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm curious to see what others use or what their screens look like during raids. Post if you can!

--
How do you play at 1024 by 768?

I won't play on less than 1920 by 1200
Quote by Deathkoil

I'm too lazy to go buy a wide screen monitor and besides, this one suits my purposes just fine, nerd.

--
Quote by Deathkoil

Yeah, I loves my LG 22". When it dies I'm going to have it bronzed and hang it on the wall.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Retreat hell, we just got here.

Here's mine. I'm fairly satisfied with it. There are some small modifications I'd make, but I'm too lazy to do them right now.

--

When Retribution comes into play, not even your Redemption can bring you Salvation.
Could you guys turn this into a little lesson for those of us who are *ahem* UI impaired?

How hard is it to make a functional UI like that?

And Kudos to Karyx for posting one with a hilarious conversation.
DeathKoil's "Made of Pure Win" GUI:

oO answer Teine's question... my gui was made by me, from scratch. Since I knew what I wanted it to look like (drew it out on graph paper first) it only took about 5 hours to make it from the time I had the design set.

I am planning on modernizing my GUI though since I"ve been using this design since the week WotLK went live.

Edit: Since marty pointed out below that some of you don't have 24 inch monitors to view my gui... the above is a scaled down version, but the link at the bottom of the post is the full scale version.

Addons:
Bartender
Titan Panel
eePanels
oneBag3
Pitbull4
Grid
Clique
Omen
Recount
Closet Gnome
Trinket Menu
Deadly Boss Mods
DoTimer
Atlasloot
Autobar
Cartographer
MikScrollingBattleText
Prat
Quartz
Quote by Darthxs

Read the chat in Darthxs' screenshot. Its from when I turned Whimsy into a rabbit and she thought she couldnt heal

--
The rewards of this life now count for naught. My body, soon buried, and left to rot.
Good times gone, how quickly, an honest past. My god now, I see how, I've squandered each and every breath...
(Thrice - At the last)
Dude...

first of all, you broke the screen.

second of all, five hours?!?!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Quote by Domxane
Dude...

Dude...

1. fix'd (get a bigger monitor)

2. Its hard to make everything line up properly. Bags like to overlap things, the tooltip by default is in a horrible place and over shadowed some of my stuff, getting the unit frames are hard to line up perfectly (I set them by coords not by eyeballing it), DoTimer was a PITA to setup nicely, Setting up the eePanels to make everything pretty via coords was hard. Then you get conflicting addons... there version x.xx of something doesn't like the libraries included with version y.yy of something else... so you need to remove bundled libraries and use global ones, etc. For most people this kinda thing wouldn't be an issue. But I like to make my GUI efficient.

Quote by Deathkoil
Quote by Domxane
Dude...

Dude...

1. fix'd (get a bigger monitor)

I have a 22" wide screen, you buy me a bigger PC desk and I'll get a bigger monitor.

It's the Dutch on my Dads side (their so tight when they fart only dogs can hear it). I spent enough building my PC last year and on the monitor that dropping $$$ on a new PC desk just to get a monitor that was a few inches larger seemed just foolish.

--

Quote by Ocalleigh
Quote by Darthxs

Read the chat in Darthxs' screenshot. Its from when I turned Whimsy into a rabbit and she thought she couldnt heal

You CANT heal as a bunny re-re. /doom
My interface only shows so many buffs so the buff wasn't visible to click off. Ready check's going off to pull up IC and I'm a bunny.

Moar UI posts, plz...

--
Quote by Whimsy

You CANT heal as a bunny re-re. /doom
My interface only shows so many buffs so the buff wasn't visible to click off. Ready check's going off to pull up IC and I'm a bunny.

For the record there, I was the horrible person who did that to you, couldn't say anything at the time, cuz I was laughing too hard.
So, DK is cool & all with his 1920x1200 monitor...

But I'm cooler with my 2560x1600 30" monitor...

Quote by Direfaith

But I'm cooler with my 2560x1600 30" monitor...

Too big imo. I already have to put all the important informative addons (health and mana bars, battle text, scorchio, etc) in the middle of my screen cause looking all over my 24" for different stuff takes too much time.

I don't look at anything cept mah toon. I have Power auras configured to let me know everything I need to right there.

Real estate is good, I get a view of the world like no other... Like when people stand in stuff on the other side of the screen or do stupid things... iz gud.
Karyx just has a lazy eye.
heres mine:

--
By popular request, I am limiting my sig to just two characters, the other three are too leet to look at.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
80 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Medros is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters