UI Post - Let's see yours!
UI Post - Let's see yours!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
Here is my very, very boring UI.
Herez mine. Sized down of course. Like Ian, I play on a 24". But I prefer to play in windowed mode so I can look at other "stuff" during those "quick" explanations
Quote by Ikaika
Herez mine. Sized down of course. Like Ian, I play on a 24". But I prefer to play in windowed mode so I can look at other "stuff" during those "quick" explanations

You only need 27 seconds or something like that, right?
Quote by Whimsy

Reason #857 that Failbot (Healbot) sucks:

Holy crap look at how much screen real estate that takes up! Grid takes up what... half the space FailBot takes up in Val's style config? It probably only takes up a quarter of the space of FailBot in my config (tiny tiny boxes that give moar info than Failbot ftw!).

DK

P.S. Grid + clique

DK,

How did you move your tooltip windows up?
Quote by Radriegal
DK,

How did you move your tooltip windows up?

Tooltip Wrangler

/ttw unlock

This is how it is setup as default, it gives you a draggable "target" that you can put whereever you want.

/ttw lock

This hides the "target" and all tooltips have their bottom right hand corner anchored to the target.

Quote by Deathkoil
Quote by Whimsy

Holy crap look at how much screen real estate that takes up! Grid takes up what... half the space FailBot takes up in Val's style config? It probably only takes up a quarter of the space of FailBot in my config (tiny tiny boxes that give moar info than Failbot ftw!).

DK

P.S. Grid + clique

Yea, because it's totally impossible to customize it the way you want, oh wait...you can do that.
Quote by Deathkoil
Quote by Whimsy

DK

P.S. Grid + clique

You can make it as big or small as you choose. I choose to have it that big because I don't want to wear my glasses to play. It in no way interferes with my ability to see the bad sh**
Quote by Dargo

Yea, because it's totally impossible to customize it the way you want, oh wait...you can do that.

Don't be jealous of Grid Dargo

Grid versus Healbot is mostly personal preference. Whichever you got first is the one you use and swear by. Very few people switch between grid and healbot. However there is one fact that you can't argue...

Healbot is programmed by idiot developers who have no idea what efficiency is. Failbot uses 10 times the addon memory of grid and four times the CPU power AT IDLE. It gets worse in a raiding environment. Failbot also offers no added functionality over Grid while eating resources. Most people will never notice the resource hungry nature of Failbot though, because most people either don't know about it, or just don't care.

I loved my class on algorithms and efficiency in College, because of that, I have little tolerance for bad programming practice and bad programmers in general. This is fortified by the fact that in my everyday job I have to deal with bad programs and bad programmers. Therefore I choose the efficient, lightweight, resource sipping programs whenever I have a choice to do so, in all aspects of my computer using. This includes when I choose addons.

From a functionality standpoint, the addons are both the same, but Grid does a much more efficient job of getting the information to the player. From a personal preference standpoint, its more a question of which one you got hooked on first.

DK
From a functionality standpoint, the addons are both the same, but Grid does a much more efficient job of getting the information to the player. From a personal preference standpoint, its more a question of which one you got hooked on first.

I used Healbot at first and honestly, Grid+Clique pretty much work the exact same way. I like Grid because it takes up less memory and it's prettier.

The one thing that Grid/Clique allows you to do that makes it far superior to Healbot imho, is add in customizable debuffs from boss specfic encounters. If a bosses places a debuff on a tank that reduces his armor, for example, I can add the name of that debuff in under the "debuffs" tab in Grid. Those encounter specific debuffs aren't always classified as magic, disease, curse or poison so they won't show up unless I add them in. Healbot doesn't give you that option, you're limited to debuffs that are "cleansible" only.

In the future, I'll know exactly when the tank has been debuffed and slam him with harder heals (this also applies to raid healing).

Also, I have my Grid fairly large compared to Ian's. This is mostly due to the fact that I have horrible eye sight and don't like wearing glasses. I like seeing the full names of who I'm healing- it's just a personal preference.

--
I started playing around wit grid/clique as well. I like it for the most part, but what I cant seem to figure out is how to have my various HoT's (rejuv, regrowth, lifebloom, wild growth) all show up in that tiny box, and have the timers to them show as well. The only thing I've been able to do is set those 4 hots to show up in 4 corners of the box. But those corner boxes are so tiny it's hard to see.

I then set it up so that I can see the hot's and their time remaining in the middle of the box. But the problem is that it only shows 1 hot at a time, and it takes up so much space that i cant see the health remaining.

I'm prob doing something wrong, so any suggestions would help

Healbot, though taking up a lot of space, just allows me to see everything. If I can get grid/clique to do the exact same thing, that would be great.
And here I thought trees only clicked two buttons:

<tab> <HoT> <tab> <HoT> <tab> <HoT>...

Quote by Sylvanora
I started playing around wit grid/clique as well. I like it for the most part, but what I cant seem to figure out is how to have my various HoT's (rejuv, regrowth, lifebloom, wild growth) all show up in that tiny box, and have the timers to them show as well. The only thing I've been able to do is set those 4 hots to show up in 4 corners of the box. But those corner boxes are so tiny it's hard to see.

Hai Sylv! There are a ton of addons to Grid that come seperately to keep the memory and CPU useage down unless you need them. I believe what you are looking for is...

GridStatusHoTs

... though I am not positive. I remember back when my priest was my main, I had a grid addition that made it so that it only show me when my renew was on the target (instead of everyone's renews, this fuction is not built into grid's core), it would also tell me how much time was left on my renew and who my ProM was on, how much time was left, and how many jumps it had left.

If the above addition to grid isn't what you need, let me know and I can look further.

Healbot, though taking up a lot of space, just allows me to see everything. If I can get grid/clique to do the exact same thing, that would be great.

EDIT - Nvm, looks like DK already answered you.

--
Not a big fan of Healbot, clique + grid is too cumbersome and the minutae required to configure is a pain in the rear.

I actually use Vuh'do for healing. It's everything Healbot isn't, supports alot more functionality new features are constantly being added and it isn't developed by a group of spastic monkies like grid and all its various addons.

I like it. Especially the smart buff part, it doesn't waste candles if only a couple people are missing fort/spirit,etc, it'll automagically single buff em.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/vuhdo.aspx
Here's mine, this week...

I have Omen and Recount occupying the same spot. Omen appears during combat only, and Recount appears during peacetime only.

I'm still tweaking some of the positioning of the bars and whatnot, but I think I'll try this for a while and see if I can't get used to it.
Quote by Radriegal
Here's mine, this week...

I have Omen and Recount occupying the same spot. Omen appears during combat only, and Recount appears during peacetime only.

I'm still tweaking some of the positioning of the bars and whatnot, but I think I'll try this for a while and see if I can't get used to it.

One question. WTF is "pugkings"

New Dire Screenshot.

Quote by Direfaith
Not a big fan of Healbot, clique + grid is too cumbersome and the minutae required to configure is a pain in the rear.

I actually use Vuh'do for healing. It's everything Healbot isn't, supports alot more functionality new features are constantly being added and it isn't developed by a group of spastic monkies like grid and all its various addons.

I like it. Especially the smart buff part, it doesn't waste candles if only a couple people are missing fort/spirit,etc, it'll automagically single buff em.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/vuhdo.aspx

I've been using VuhDo now for a few weeks of raids, I like it a lot. The author really stays on top of bug fixes and suggestions, that's a definite plus as well. It is officially my new standard.
Here is my UI

--

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members