UI Post - Let's see yours!
UI Post - Let's see yours!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
You need more bullets, gala.
Ooooo, lot's o secksyness in this hear thread! I likey! I'd post mine but I don't want to make your eyes bleed.

...actually, bleed away ;P

Quote by Makisupa
Ooooo, lot's o secksyness in this hear thread! I likey! I'd post mine but I don't want to make your eyes bleed.

Maki! Look at those sexy deeps you got thar! Also, you are broke. Crossing you off my sugar daddy list.
Quote by Whimsy
Quote by Makisupa

Maki! Look at those sexy deeps you got thar! Also, you are broke. Crossing you off my sugar daddy list.

Yeah... he totally photoshopped those numbers. Mages aren't on the top of the meters
Quote by Deathkoil
Quote by Whimsy
Quote by Makisupa

Yeah... he totally photoshopped those numbers. Mages aren't on the top of the meters

Well Maki doesn't QQ much for a mage. Blizzard has responded to his lack of QQ with an increase in DPS just for him.

Quote by Whimsy
Quote by Deathkoil
Quote by Whimsy
Quote by Makisupa

Well Maki doesn't QQ much for a mage. Blizzard has responded to his lack of QQ with an increase in DPS just for him.

My dps output is directly related to my fish and liquor consumption. BAC=DPS!! ;P

Edit: I spelled fish wrong...whos does that?!

Oh Whimsy, my bank alt has all meh loots!! Put em on yer sugardaddy list!

Here's my new one both in action and idle. For the in action one, make sure to check out the DPS on recount

Very clean DK. I especially like how you have recount and omen grouped. What addon does that grouping?

--

Quote by Galathian
Very clean DK. I especially like how you have recount and omen grouped. What addon does that grouping?

Nothing really "does" that grouping, its more of a trick with shapes and layers. I use an addon called KGPanels which lets me make any sized rectangles/squares that I want, and I can layer them together. What I did for Omen/Recount, my chat window, my pet bar (which disapeares when my pet dies), and for behind my buttons.

Here's what I did for all of those "spots":
1. Made a rectangle with no outline that was black. Set this rectangle's "Layer" to 1 so that it would be on the bottom.

2. Made a rectangle with no outline that was gray. This rectangle was 4 pixels shorter and 4 pixels narrower than the black outline from above. I then centered this rectangle inside the black one from above. I set the Layer to 2 so that it would be on top of the black one, and set the black one as an anchor after I centered so so that if I unlocked the positioning of the black one and moved it, the gray one would move as well.

3. Made a second black rectangle with no outline that was black. This one was again 4 pixels shorter and narrower than the grey one from above. I centered this rectangle inside of the gray one, and set the top black one as its anchor. I also set the Layer to 3 so that it would be on top.

This gave me the "placeholders" where I then put in my buttons, chat frame, recount, omen, etc. The only extra thing I did with Omen and recount was to set their title bars, backgrounds, and borders to be translucent. This gives the appearance that they are "stuck together inside of a very clean looking box with a gray border". In reality though, its just three rectangles on top of eachother, with everything but the data bars in Omen and recount set to translucent.

DK
Um..dude...you really do have too much spare time.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Retreat hell, we just got here.

Yea but a well designed interface will do wonders for your efficiency and output.

--

Quote by Galathian
Yea but a well designed interface will do wonders for your efficiency and output.

exactly. The default ui is bad...

It gives awkward positions for you button locations.

It does not give you enough info about what is going on.

The important info is either at the top of the screen or the bottom
along your eyes wander while you stand in the fire.

Gives very inadaquite representation of when abilities proc, cooldowns finish, abilities be ole active, etc.

What my UI does is gives me all of the information on need right on or just to the left or right of my character. This allows me to watch my toon and the mobs we are fighting while being able too clearly see envirronmentals on me, when my abilities proc or come off cooldown, when boss abilities are being cast or used... Etc. And I can do all this keeping my eyes on or around the same place on the screen while eliminating all of the information I don't need to see.

Oh, and this GUI runs in about 14 - 16mb of addon memory depending on if younare in a raid or solo. Sine the default ui runs in 8 - 9mb without raid frames, omen, recount, and dbm... I'd say it is a veryefficient GUI as well. It should be though since that is what my goal was: lightweight, minimulistic, clean, and informative with no unneeded addons or information I don't need to know clotering my screen. This is by far the est ui I've made, and I think I nailed my goals.

DK
Yea so since you did all the work for us, just zip up that addons folder and post it. LOL

--

I can set it up and configure it for "deployment" if you want. What resolution do you run at?

Addons I use:
Omen - threat meter
Recount - damage meter
DBM - Deadly boss mods
bartender4 - Action bar addon
Pitbull4 - Uber Unit Frames
KGPanels - for making shapes and placeholders
TipTac - Tooltip manager
Button Facade - For making buttons look cooler
Quartz - Cast bar
DoTimer - Keeps track of my DoTs and CDs
Grid - Raid frames, most players won't need this until they are healing or raid leading.
Clique - Healing addon for mouse clicks and gestures automatically casting spells.
Closet Gnome - Outfit Manager

To be fair, the UI is not entirely my own setup. It is a very lightweight, raider oriented version of the CaithUI. I was looking at various UIs for ideas and I found the CaithUI. I liked the way the KGPanels were setup, so I downloaded the CaithUI and stole just the settings for KGPanels out of that UI and put KGPanels into mine with Caith's LUA settings files. Then I removed all of my LUA files in my WTF folder (to clear all of the settings of all of the addons I use), removed all but the most essential addons I use, and re-customized the setup of my addons. So the Panels you liked so much I can't take any credit for, but other than the Panels layout, the rest I did solo

If you really want it, I can package it. But if you don't run at the resolution I do, I'd have to save all of my settings, reset my resolution, and make everyone scale down a bit and fit nicely onto a different resolution, then save those settings. That's no big deal, it will just take some time.

If you really want to do the work, then I'll take you up on the offer. My resolution is the same as my screenshots on the previous page of this thread.

I wont need DOT timers or closetgnome

--

If anyone is looking for a very clean UI, that has a lot of features already built in, check this one out:

http://www.nuiaddon.com/default.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9108-nUI.html

I've played around with it a lot, but it just doesn't work for the way I like things layed out. It is really nice for anyone who wants a lot of features, but doesn't like a lot of addons, or doesn't like to spend hours fine-tuning the layout.

This is one of those that used to require payment for the "full" version, but now after blizzard made the rule about authors not being allowed to charge for addons, you just have to subscribe to the authors mailing list and make a login account for wowinterface to download the "full" version.
Quote by Deathkoil
Quote by Galathian

Nothing really "does" that grouping, its more of a trick with shapes and layers. I use an addon called KGPanels which lets me make any sized rectangles/squares that I want, and I can layer them together. What I did for Omen/Recount, my chat window, my pet bar (which disapeares when my pet dies), and for behind my buttons.

Here's what I did for all of those "spots":
1. Made a rectangle with no outline that was black. Set this rectangle's "Layer" to 1 so that it would be on the bottom.

2. Made a rectangle with no outline that was gray. This rectangle was 4 pixels shorter and 4 pixels narrower than the black outline from above. I then centered this rectangle inside the black one from above. I set the Layer to 2 so that it would be on top of the black one, and set the black one as an anchor after I centered so so that if I unlocked the positioning of the black one and moved it, the gray one would move as well.

3. Made a second black rectangle with no outline that was black. This one was again 4 pixels shorter and narrower than the grey one from above. I centered this rectangle inside of the gray one, and set the top black one as its anchor. I also set the Layer to 3 so that it would be on top.

This gave me the "placeholders" where I then put in my buttons, chat frame, recount, omen, etc. The only extra thing I did with Omen and recount was to set their title bars, backgrounds, and borders to be translucent. This gives the appearance that they are "stuck together inside of a very clean looking box with a gray border". In reality though, its just three rectangles on top of eachother, with everything but the data bars in Omen and recount set to translucent.

DK

ok i downloaded KGpanels and im trying to figure this out, i watched a tutorial video on YT but it said i needed to download the panels. could you explain were i go to make these boxes in the Kgpanels config ive messed around with it for about an hour now with no success.

--

When Retribution comes into play, not even your Redemption can bring you Salvation.
So has anyone grabbed a version of Grid since August 12th or so? I just picked up what WoWAce has listed as the latest version, and I'm having a problem getting it to display the health bars properly. Namely, all the unit frames are in gray scale regardless of distance, health, etc. I'd like to have the unit frames displayed in the class colors, and I've gone through all the different options many times over to play with the different settings; I just cannot get them to display in anything other than gray scale. Any suggestions?
So I've been playing around with my UI a little bit and am currently rocking this. My Pitbull makes me

Oh...I guess I should post addons that I use:

FuBar addons (from left to right):
AtlasFu
MoneyFu
DurabilityFu
FriendsFu
GuildFu
ExperienceFu
TrackerFu
ProfessionsFu
WintergrasperFu
FactionsFu
BartenderFu
RestFu
BagFu

Other addons:
Squeenix (minimap)
SatrinaBuffFrame
PallyPower
Pratt (chat, which you can't see ^_^)
PitBull4
Grid
Clique
Recount
Bartender

*Edited to list addons*
Quote by Deathkoil
Quote by Domxane
Dude...

first of all, you broke the screen.

second of all, five hours?!?!

Dude...

1. fix'd (get a bigger monitor)

2. Its hard to make everything line up properly. Bags like to overlap things, the tooltip by default is in a horrible place and over shadowed some of my stuff, getting the unit frames are hard to line up perfectly (I set them by coords not by eyeballing it), DoTimer was a PITA to setup nicely, Setting up the eePanels to make everything pretty via coords was hard. Then you get conflicting addons... there version x.xx of something doesn't like the libraries included with version y.yy of something else... so you need to remove bundled libraries and use global ones, etc. For most people this kinda thing wouldn't be an issue. But I like to make my GUI efficient.

And I thought I was a nerd...

--
I try to take things one day at a time...but sometimes several days attack me at once!

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters