UI Post - Let's see yours!
UI Post - Let's see yours!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
Quote by Radriegal

And looking at DK's screen, it looks like I would have to increase the size of grid significantly just to get those 4 or 5 letters to show up. Then I'm starting at a giant wall of raid frame then, which is what I'm primarily trying to avoid.

Our raid leaders are awesome- they organize people so they're in the same group, pretty much everytime. You get used to seeing the same people in the same place, it helps. Matter of fact, here's the general layout:
Grp 1 - Tanks, plus Chauthen and/or Darthxs (usually)
Grp 2 - Casters, mages, locks and ele shammy (sometimes Boom or Spriest)
Grp 3 - Casters and/or hunters +1 shammy
Grp 4 - Melee DK's, Rogues, Warriors (if any) and +1 shammy (usually Treach)
Grp 5 - Healers (any mix) +1 resto sham

Very rarely are there huge changes. Sometimes, when Yve is in the healer group, I get moved somewhere else and it confuses me for the first part of the night. I knew the change was there but I'm a creature of habit. I'm throwing riptides & heals on Yve when I think it's me. I died last night because I thought I was healing myself and wasn't. QQ

Plus, you can brighten the font on Grid so you can see the names. I *do* know how to configure it pretty well, you know.

--
Quote by Valectra
You get used to seeing the same people in the same place

*YOU* get used to seeing the same people in the same place because you're a healer. Your entire job revolves around looking at those frames.

That, and your brain isn't the consistency of Malt-o-meal like mine is. I can barely remember which direction to run depending on the debuff I get, let alone memorizing the position of 25 people in a list.

Hell, I can't remember which Bradys were in which squares, and there were only 9 of them! I think Alice was in the center, but I'm not positive. <lol>
Quote by Radriegal

That, and your brain isn't the consistency of Malt-o-meal like mine is. I can barely remember which direction to run depending on the debuff I get, let alone memorizing the position of 25 people in a list.

Hell, I can't remember which Bradys were in which squares, and there were only 9 of them! I think Alice was in the center, but I'm not positive. <lol>

daaaamn....you sure your not older than me?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Retreat hell, we just got here.

Quote by Radriegal
By the way, if anyone knows how to get Elkano's to just show YOUR debuffs on the boss, please let me know.

This has been problematic since day one, not knowing which deadly poison debuff, or rupture debuff came from me, or from another rogue.

Few patches ago they added an option in the main regular WoW interface options to only show your debuffs.

IE it only shows my frost fever, my blood plague etc. I *think* the option is there to always make yours appear bigger if you still want to see what else is up.

--
I try to take things one day at a time...but sometimes several days attack me at once!
Quote by Valectra
Quote by Radriegal

And looking at DK's screen, it looks like I would have to increase the size of grid significantly just to get those 4 or 5 letters to show up. Then I'm starting at a giant wall of raid frame then, which is what I'm primarily trying to avoid.

Our raid leaders are awesome- they organize people so they're in the same group, pretty much everytime. You get used to seeing the same people in the same place, it helps. Matter of fact, here's the general layout:
Grp 1 - Tanks, plus Chauthen and/or Darthxs (usually)
Grp 2 - Casters, mages, locks and ele shammy (sometimes Boom or Spriest)
Grp 3 - Casters and/or hunters +1 shammy
Grp 4 - Melee DK's, Rogues, Warriors (if any) and +1 shammy (usually Treach)
Grp 5 - Healers (any mix) +1 resto sham

Very rarely are there huge changes. Sometimes, when Yve is in the healer group, I get moved somewhere else and it confuses me for the first part of the night. I knew the change was there but I'm a creature of habit. I'm throwing riptides & heals on Yve when I think it's me. I died last night because I thought I was healing myself and wasn't. QQ

Plus, you can brighten the font on Grid so you can see the names. I *do* know how to configure it pretty well, you know.

Yes, that is how it is! I coudln't remember the other name, but yeah, it's usually Chauth, Dadyo, Darth (or Sylv...but she's in the 5th position), Elaraa, Keep in Group 1. Last night I was all confused...lol.
Quote by Radriegal
By the way, if anyone knows how to get Elkano's to just show YOUR debuffs on the boss, please let me know.

This has been problematic since day one, not knowing which deadly poison debuff, or rupture debuff came from me, or from another rogue.

Xperl has that option for target frame, since that's what you already use.

Just a reminder to folks too, what is "pretty" to one person is not so pretty to other people.

For me, Pitbull is ugly, Grid is worse than ugly. Fubar gives me tons of mouseover info that I can get at a quick glance. That's the awesome thing about a customizeable UI, there's no such thing as a "right" way to do it.
Quote by Radriegal

Under the filter settings:

Type: Debuff
Self-cast buffs: White list
Timeless buffs: Blacklist

I don't mess with the timers.

White list --> Debuff: make sure garrote, wound poison, deadly poison, and rupture are checked

That is how I have mine set up and it works fine. I'm guessing you don't have Timeless buffs Blacklisted but maybe I'm wrong. If this doesn't work or if you have any other questions just let me know.
Quote by Pallygrrl

Yes, that is how it is! I coudln't remember the other name, but yeah, it's usually Chauth, Dadyo, Darth (or Sylv...but she's in the 5th position), Elaraa, Keep in Group 1. Last night I was all confused...lol.

I didn't realize me dpsing for a night & being in a different group held so much.....power over the healer brains

--
I try to take things one day at a time...but sometimes several days attack me at once!
Quote by Elaraa
Quote by Pallygrrl

I didn't realize me dpsing for a night & being in a different group held so much.....power over the healer brains

Yeah, it does. I also like Docroxso in Group 3. He's just been there enough that I'm used to seeing him in the 2nd slot in Group 3 lol. In a perfect world, my Group 1 would always look like this (see attachment). That way all the tanks, or those who may tank periodically throughout the night, are always within the same group that I am usually responsible for.

That's it. We're putting you on raid heals next week!
Quote by Elaraa
Quote by Pallygrrl

Yeah, you really can't mess with us healers like that. If I can use a metaphor: It's like wearing your underwear backward. We get all uncomfortable when the raid layout changes.

--
Quote by Valectra
Quote by Elaraa
Quote by Pallygrrl

Yeah, you really can't mess with us healers like that. If I can use a metaphor: It's like wearing your underwear backward. We get all uncomfortable when the raid layout changes.

What Val said Same thing with the Rogues; I'm used to seeing Rad and Sij right on top of eachother. And DK, Elo, Amal, Dire (aww...I miss you!), and Cimby in Group two. Wow...I didn't realize how used to seeing ppl in certain places I am lol.
Since I organize the groups, here's a very quick tip sheet for what to expect:

Group 1 - tank group, anyone and everyone who might tank winds up in this group (unless they are specifically approved under a different role, e.g. Sylv healing). Usually one additional empty space - in a perfect world, a draenei would go there to give a hit buff to the tanks. We're short draenei, so often that doesn't happen. The stand-in is usually any melee who I know is hit-capped.

Group 2 - Caster ranged. All warlocks go here, as does any elemental shaman. If there's no elemental, I try and put a resto shaman here (hit buff again). If you're a caster and you need hit, you will probably wind up in group 2 if it can be managed.

Group 3 - Hunters/casters/melee who don't need hit. Very rarely do we have an extra shaman to put here. Group 3 is probably the most flexible/least "set" of any of the groups - if you don't belong in any of the other ones, you get dumped here.

Group 4 - Dual-wielders and anyone who needs hit. Rogues, blood DKs, fury warriors, and almost always a shaman (preferably enhancement, otherwise any will do). If you need hit and you're not a caster, you will likely wind up here.

Group 5 - Healers of all shapes and sizes.

Shamans are the ones who are most likely to get moved around the raid, mostly for their hit buff (this a function of them being draenei, obviously). In addition, some fights are made much easier by having tremor totems spread around (BQ).

As you can see, my method for determining groups is rather simplistic. Blizzard removed a lot of the complexity that went with determining individual groups many patches ago, but I'd certainly be open to suggestions if you have them.

Chauthen
For the record I had seen a pattern in how groups always get setup and my inner nerd approves

--
As you can see, my method for determining groups is rather simplistic. Blizzard removed a lot of the complexity that went with determining individual groups many patches ago, but I'd certainly be open to suggestions if you have them.

Yeah, I kinda miss our pre-raid discussions about who should go where and why, Chauth; almost all buffs are raid-wide now and it took a lot of the planning out of the equation. I know it gets confusing when we have people in off-spec roles, however.

I like the way its set up now and just a few glances at your raid frames each night will give you a general idea of where people are, you don't need to be a healer to see that. If something gets changed in the group set up, there's always a good reason for it, or so I have discovered.

--
Quote by Valectra
Quote by Elaraa
Quote by Pallygrrl

I have no idea what ur talking about Val
Do all you healers actually know where everyone is on ur frame? Or need to know? I have never looked to see who I'm healing, just whichever rectangle turns red lol. The only exception is I usually eye a melee toon, either Rad or Sij, for Lifebloom. Otherwise, all of you are just rectangles to me
Quote by Sylvanora
Otherwise, all of you are just rectangles to me

I'm crushed...

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Retreat hell, we just got here.

Quote by Domxane
Quote by Sylvanora

I'm crushed...

If it's any consolation Dom, your rectangle is the prettiest...it turns red a lot, jk LOL.
Quote by Sylvanora
Quote by Domxane
Quote by Sylvanora

I'm crushed...

If it's any consolation Dom, your rectangle is the prettiest...it turns red a lot, jk LOL.

lol sylv!

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)