UI Post - Let's see yours!
UI Post - Let's see yours!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
Quote by Sylvanora
Do all you healers actually know where everyone is on ur frame? Or need to know? I have never looked to see who I'm healing, just whichever rectangle turns red lol. The only exception is I usually eye a melee toon, either Rad or Sij, for Lifebloom. Otherwise, all of you are just rectangles to me

Yeah, I usually know where everyone is. I keep an eye on certain people that tend to pull threat or ones that aren't as situationally aware as others whether its the fault of their crappy computer or otherwise. I try to toss extra heals on those people to keep them up and it helps to know where they are in my raid frames.

An example of where it helps would be BQL. I tried to pay attention to who was a vampire and I tried to keep them up more so than someone who hadn't been bit yet (in the beginning). To expand on my example, if Chauthen was one of the first ones bit, I would start my riptide & chain heal off on him as opposed to randomly spamming it on everyone. It helps to know where people are for situations like that- after awhile it becomes second nature.

--
I know who is in each box after about 10 minutes of raid time. Usuaully the same people are in the same spots, so its just the non-regulars that you need to check out the position of.

Also, I'm a nerd with a good memory, so of course I remember

I see dead...rectangles
Wow... you all put way more thought into this than I do. I prefer the tanks in one group but really I don't care where people are. I just think of it like whack-a-mole but in reverse.. instead of the mole popping up and smacking it, I watch for the bars that drop and cast heals on them to fill them back up. Doesn't really mean much to me where people are... I don't even see names.. just tons and tons of boxes.. in fact, the names on them usually disappear anyway to tell me their health values haha.

Edit: And, just like boxes, when one drops to 0 and can't be healed anymore, you simply discard it and you don't have to look at it again

--

............Website | WoL | WoW-Heroes | Guild | Shawover#1259 (RealID)
Since many buffs went raid-wide, it doesn't take much thought.

However, on a fight like BQ where people use raid frames to find their bite targets, it helps to know how the groups are organized.

If you know all the melee who dual-wield or need hit are going to be in group 4, and you're assigned to bite a rogue, you've automatically eliminated 4 other groups to look through in the 10 seconds you have.

Faster processing = better reaction = more dps/less fail = boss dead.
Good point, Chauth. I suppose you're right about that one. I've only ever had to be bitten a handful of times, but when I do get bitten I just find their nameplate, target them and cast one of those engineering crystals.. Dark Jade Focusing Lens or something like that.. pin points em for me

--

............Website | WoL | WoW-Heroes | Guild | Shawover#1259 (RealID)
If you know all the melee who dual-wield or need hit are going to be in group 4, and you're assigned to bite a rogue, you've automatically eliminated 4 other groups to look through in the 10 seconds you have.

I can see melee getting confused at times because it's just a big mess of stuff in front of you... but range people should have it easier. Correct me if I'm wrong; I've never gotten a chance to bite anyone (QQ). If you are ranged and you get the bite, when your bite target comes up, you run over and stand near them then *chomp* down at the right time. I can only ever see it being an issue if we have a fear right before someone is due to bite, but I'm pretty sure we've eliminated that situation.

--
me UI
Quote by Kaemi
me UI

Spartan, right? Tried that one once, but I had a hard time getting used to some of the positioning on it.
Yea I use spartan right now also. kind of sucks cuz there is no user config. So u cant customize anything really like the size of targets buffs or debuffs, the party frames are extremely huge and over sized but it's pretty.

What is up with Kaemis gold lol, I hear DK has many golds just whisp him and he'll send ya some!

--
Quote by Talarin
What is up with Kaemis gold lol, I hear DK has many golds just whisp him and he'll send ya some!

She has plenty of gold, its just all on my account.

Quote by Izu
Quote by Talarin

She has plenty of gold, its just all on my account.

Good man.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Retreat hell, we just got here.

Quote by Dargo
Quote by Kaemi
me UI

Spartan, right? Tried that one once, but I had a hard time getting used to some of the positioning on it.
Yea, I like it but every UI takes time getting used too. I used the wow UI since i started raiding but it does help me stay neat and ForteXorcist is amazing.

Quote by Sylvanora
Do all you healers actually know where everyone is on ur frame? Or need to know? I have never looked to see who I'm healing, just whichever rectangle turns red lol. The only exception is I usually eye a melee toon, either Rad or Sij, for Lifebloom. Otherwise, all of you are just rectangles to me

I know where a lot of people are if there's something about them that separates them from the other rectangles. Tanks are an obvious case, as are healers (so I can prioritize my heals). But even among DPS I keep an eye out for people who might take more damage or pull aggro on adds, so I can make sure to pre-HOT them.

What's remarkable to me is the level of consistency with this from run to run. During certain mechanics on certain fights, I'm almost certain I know who in the raid will need more healing, and I can make sure to put HOTs on them before they even take damage. During slime spray on Festergut, for example, I pretty much know who's going to be eating a facefull of the spray, and I throw HOTs out accordingly.

This may be less useful for non-druid healers, but with HOTs being the majority of our healing, and nourish being much better with HOTs already in place, trying to anticipate who's going to take damage is helpful.

--
I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.
- Terry Pratchett
This may be less useful for non-druid healers, but with HOTs being the majority of our healing, and nourish being much better with HOTs already in place, trying to anticipate who's going to take damage is helpful.

I agree 100%. It works the exact same way for me and probably for the other shammies as well. I will usually toss Riptides on people that I know take more "splash" damage (usually melee) and will chain my chain heals off of those who have my HoT; each chain heal will heal for more than chain healing on those without it. One of the great things about raiding with the same people is that you begin to anticipate their actions and can react accordingly and that's what makes a good healer, imo. It's funny because I can tell we're all pretty damn good- one glance at the incoming heals on someone will tell you that.

--
Hi.
This was my UI for healing that I used until very recently. Once I finish my dps UI, I'll post that as well
Quote by Tieg
This was my UI for healing that I used until very recently. Once I finish my dps UI, I'll post that as well

I like the cooldown monitor...which one is it?

--
I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.
- Terry Pratchett
Here's mine, only thing not really visible are my party/raid unit frames, which appear on the bottom left under the action bars.

Oh, and don't mind the inflated DPS meter, I usually join PuGs long enough to get a few other names to show up on it, then ninja leave the group so I can rise to the top of the charts while soloing, for bragging rights later!
That's SexyCooldowns.

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)