UI Post - Let's see yours!
UI Post - Let's see yours!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
My different UIs I have used.

The first one is from pre 4 months ago when I still had my 19" monitor.

The DK version. Of course it's completely different but the thing I notice the most is the change from Elkano's buff bars to power auras. The yellow aura pops up when I have combo points on a target with the number in the middle. The white aura tells me my ToT is off cd. The icons are pretty self explanatory for rogues, Slice and Dice, Adrenaline Rush, Blade Flurry. And no I haven't got all my buttons on or situated on my action bar yet.

The 3rd one is basically what I have been raiding with. I made a couple minor changes to it but it's pretty much what I was raiding with.
I like DK's clean looking UI, but I like my many action bars too hehe.
That's ummm... very buttony there sylv.
Quote by Sylvanora
I like DK's clean looking UI, but I like my many action bars too hehe.

Well Sylv, if you like the look of it, I suggest you should try it out. You can always reverse it back so long as you backup your folders first (Which DK explains how to do in his installation instructions). I counted your action bars, and you have 2 rows of 21 plus the 12 buttons on the top row. You can actually set each row in the settings in DKs UI to 12-22 buttons per row, and 1 or 2 rows. Also with the autobar addon built into the UI, you can place all your food, buffs, professions, and other things you wouldn't need at all times, right into one small bar (which you can move around as well).

I noticed a significant increase in FPS using this UI, I only added in a couple addons to it (Atlasloot, Gearscore) and I'm still running at under 15mb. The only ones you really should have to add to this are class specific addons.

The power auras are great, I got a little lesson on how to use it today, and it seems as though it will really help out. Also just having all the extra space on the screen looks much better, and allows me to see much more, without sacrificing functionality. It took me about 15 mins or so to configure the power auras to suit my DK (Frost Fever, Blood Plague, Freezing Fog, Ghoul CD, Horn of Winter, Killing Machine).

Nice work so far DK, this is a definitely a keeper. I'm looking forward to your fixes for the mentioned items, and doing the small tweeks to get it to suit my play style and computer.

Attached is how the UI worked out on my laptop, I run 1280X768 resolution, and have a 16" screen. I'll try to post a good screenshot from a raid standpoint on monday or tuesday.

EDIT: pre DKui added

--
Here's a couple screencaps of mine.

I swapped out the default onebag setup for arkinventory and added vuhdo, archud2, a better xp bar, misc other crap.

...and this one cuz I'm OP...

Level 68, doin 4300dps... ROAR.

Quote by Direfaith
That's ummm... very buttony there sylv.

So what?! I happen to LIKE buttons
Super Fancy I know
This is my new setup using DK's ui in our 25 man earlier tonight

(ignore the fps it's a bit higher when I'm not taking screenshots )
/bump for newer folks

Just curious to see what the people are using now for custom UIs

--
Custom UI and mount.
both in and out of combat shots

--
"I'm not saying that I'm going to change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that does."
Lesaine Crooks
I dropped Grid for the default frames when they came out.. so here's my latest and greatest..

And yes, there's dupes of some spells on my bars. I setup my normal spell bars at the bottom and keep my most commonly used and important spells up at the top by the raid frames for quick clicks. The vast majority of my spells are bound with clique, though, as can be seen in screenshot #2.

You may find it interesting to know that my spellbars are almost identical to how they were when I leveled this toon. I threw stuff in there as I got it and never really changed it much. Thats also partly why there's dupes in areas lol. Never bothered to fix it cuz I didnt care and it wasnt hindering me.

--

............Website | WoL | WoW-Heroes | Guild | Shawover#1259 (RealID)

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters