Pally build - Good spec?
Pally build - Good spec?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: [Off-Topic]

So I've been toying with this idea I've gotten from someone recently. They were talking about this spec they use for healing that goes just far enough into prot for the Divine Sacrifice talent. I guess if you bubble first and then cast that it counts as having infinite hp so it's basically a raid-wide shield wall. On fights like Mimi, that' plus HoS should mean 70% less dmg intake. Only prob is you drop conviction and benediction from ret which seems like a lot of regen but then crit regen got nerfed recently so now i'm not so sure.
What do you guys think?

Here's the spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxAzgMbsVu0tgdxGzub

--

............Website | WoL | WoW-Heroes | Guild | Shawover#1259 (RealID)
i don't know that much about holy but maybe something like this to get a little out of both trees?
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxAzgMbsVu0tgdxGzZVo

--

When Retribution comes into play, not even your Redemption can bring you Salvation.
Hmm that's a thought. I think I might try this spec out some raid night to see how it goes and decide after that.

--

So my first reaction here (keep in mind that I know next to nothing about healing, much less healing on a paladin) is that it is a fine tradeoff between raid utility and mp5.

However, Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice do not stack (as far as I know). From the patch notes, under bug fixes:

Hand of Sacrifice: Casting this spell on a target with Divine Sacrifice active will now generate an error message instead of wasting the cooldown.

With some very rough math (feel free to correct anything I've done wrong here):

Assuming:
25k mana pool
50% crit rate (without conviction)
spamming HL (1.75s cast)
keeping sacred shield up on one target (not moving)
judging once per minute
casting holy shock on cd
crit healing is all overheal.

Losing benediction costs:
220-198=22 mana/minute (Judgement)
791-712=79 mana/6s (holy shock)
528-475=53 mana/30s (sacred shield)

Losing conviction is a little more tricky, so I'm going to naively assume that averageing will work and someone can tell me why I'm wrong later:
With conviction (55% crit) each holy light will return (.55)(.30)(1275)=210 mana. Each Holy shock will return (.55)(.30)(791) = 131 mana.
Without Conviction (50% crit) this truns into HL=(.5)(.3)(1275)=191mana and HS=(.5)(.3)(791)=119 mana.
Every 6 seconds you get one HS and 4.5/1.75=2.6 HL.
Over 6 seconds you lose: (210-191)(2.6)+(131-119)= 61 mana

Gaining Divine Sacrifice+Divine Guardian you get:
40% reduction in raid damage for 10s every 5 minutes. (estimating it around 330 HPS (1k DPS/member * 25 raid members * .40 * 10s / 300s)
An extra 300? damage absorbed/6s from SS = 50HPS.
Casting SS half as often = 528mana/minute.

So to summarize:
-179 mp5
+44 mp5
(overall -135mp5)
+380 HPS

Also, if you go with this I'd move the points from IRF to Toughness since movement speed reduction does something and you're rarely healing with RF up these days.
I was always bad at the math in theorycrafting but everything you said there looks pretty right lol. I tried it out now and it seems to be pretty handy for a spec. Oh and I did go with toughness instead of IRF.

--

[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members