Pally PvP - Spec choices?
Pally PvP - Spec choices?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: [Member] [Public] [Off-Topic]

Just curious what you guys will be pvping as now with the patch changes. Prot/holy obviously got nerfed. I'm considering trying out prot/ret. It was relatively OP before the patch so now with the patch changes buffing sp pwr from str and with the sanc str buff it ought to be pretty nice now I would think. Another idea i've toyed with was the original prot/holy build but with ret gear instead. What's your thoughts?

--

............Website | WoL | WoW-Heroes | Guild | Shawover#1259 (RealID)
Prot/HOly is still a powerhouse, nerf or not. The problem with Prot/Holy is that Divine plea is non-dispellable. If you run out of mana as Prot Holy, something is wrong. PLus, you can't kill a healer while they have mana... so... yeah. It lost some of its offensive utility, and some of the healing output. But... you will never die as long as you have mana, and divine plea is undispellable.

Also Prot/Ret (not sure the xx/yy/zz number on the build) had a lot of people complaining on the forums. Basically its a sword and board Anti-melee spec for Pallys. Does about 150 less DPS than full ret, but specs prot to get more survivability.
Ahh ok. Makes sense on the prot/ret thing. I was looking at a couple builds actually.. I dont recall the exact talent point number config but one was primarily prot with minor ret and holy and the other was primarily ret with minor prot and holy. I think im gonna have to play with all of them though to find out what works best. I'm anxious to try it but all this lame homework is keeping me off WoW.

--

............Website | WoL | WoW-Heroes | Guild | Shawover#1259 (RealID)

[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members