!!!***!!!! Proshift has been Hacked !!!!!****!!!!!
!!!***!!!! Proshift has been Hacked !!!!!****!!!!!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [News]
Secondary: [Member] [News]

<<< 1 2 3 >>>
Quote by ProShift
Woah. I was fighting for my gmail account with a china man. Fucking piece of shit. With his computer hacking skills.

I changed my password recovery question to something offensive and directed at him.

So i have control of all my accounts and my bank stuffs is fine, they were strictly after my WoW account.

So, I'm safe. New P/w. Dif Email for WoW. now i gotta mememorize a new p/w D:

:-D

when will you exist again?
Quote by Kaelik
Well, every single person I've ever known who got hacked didn't have an authenticator, and NOBODY I know who has an authenticator has been hacked. So I'd say at least that the circumstantial evidence strongly points to the authenticator dramatically improving security.

Seriously people, if you don't have one, GET AN AUTHENTICATOR. It's like $7, it's easy to use, and you have a much better chance of not getting hacked.

I've given it more than a passing thought of making it a guild requirement.
Quote by Radriegal

I'd support that^^

Personally, I'm not sure why people haven't done this anyways, while it's possible to be hacked with a authenticator, its not as probable.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Retreat hell, we just got here.

They are hacking accounts with authenticators. There's been posts all over the Support Forums. I don't know how they're doing it. Others are being hacked and there's an authenticator being added to the account so the owner can't access it.

Pro - I don't know all of your toons. I know specifically your mage and your druid. I'm not finding your druid on the wowarmory which leaves me a couple of ideas. They sold anything on pro that would fetch a profit, transferred the money and either a) did a realm transfer and a faction change that isn't showing up yet, b) changed your toons name and/or all of the aforementioned, or c) they got rid of everything and then deleted the toon (the latter has happened to me before). Your mage is still in EndGame but has been stripped of everything but (looks like) your tabard and ashen verdict ring.

Your account closure was just a precautionary measure most likely. If you haven't talked to customer service yet, keep trying. They *can* unlock your account (don't pay any attention the message that says they don't handle any bans on accounts, that's false). Just let someone in customer service know what's going on they may be able to get your account reopened immediately.

If that happens and if you haven't already, you need to get a hold of whoever does restorations etc and tell them what happened and given them a general description of what you're missing and how much of it you're missing.

When all is said and done sometimes it can take up to two weeks or more to get all of your stuff back. Dk was hacked the same day I was last year and he got his stuff back just over a week after it happened I think (correct me if I'm wrong Ian) and I got the rest of mine back a few days after). Just be patient (I'm not patient - at all).

Also, if Galathian is still lurking around, I might consider asking him about anything that could possibly be on your computer that might give a hacker entry (not just the key logger). On Tuesdays, I usually run check for any updates to my computer and MSSE and run my disk defrag and what not. I've also got into the habit of running HiJack This just to look and see if there's anything I may have missed. It's not necessary but after the virus on my laptop and then one on my dad's computer diguised as antivirus software (Antivir 2010) I'd just assume not take any chances.
Quote by Amalthea

Also, if Galathian is still lurking around, I might consider asking him about anything that could possibly be on your computer that might give a hacker entry (not just the key logger).

I'm here every day lurkin in ur threadz

--

Quote by Radriegal

It makes too much sense. Especially for the folks with all the access to the guilds assets. If DK can get hacked anyone can get hacked.

--

pls link authenticator site....even though i run on a mac and most hackers don't bother with us, what your saying about keeping the guild safe is important....where can I get one? i've been looking all over wow.com and can't find it...
scratch that....found a link to account security and followed it here:

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000822

and after heading there, i found a way to download an authenticator for my iPhone instead...woots! I don't have an extra usb slot for the bliz one, so this will be great!
You don't need a USB port for the keychain authenticator. Just push the button and it flashes with a set of numbers that you type in. The good thing about the iphone authenticator app is that you can get it immediately (I think) and don't have to wait for snail mail.
Quote by Amalthea
You don't need a USB port for the keychain authenticator. Just push the button and it flashes with a set of numbers that you type in. The good thing about the iphone authenticator app is that you can get it immediately (I think) and don't have to wait for snail mail.

oo....didn't know that about the authenticator...thot the pic showed it plugged into a usb port...but yeah...easy on the iphone....already set up...
Well I figured out how they did it. When i first started playing wow. I fell for that old wow scam email. Being told by my friend moments later. I logged out changed the email on the account and had been safe ever since. Little did i realized, I had made the master email for my 'new email' that old hacked one. Up until recently have I been getting DC'd an odd amount. It was frustrating, I took nothing of it. Then one day, Yesterday, Boom. Hacked. I traced it back, and hacker here reset my pw to my OLD OLD account p.w. just so happened to be my current password, another mistake. I know. And that right there, was how my WoW account was hacked, they got my email. ( There was even a facebook password reset) These guys seem determined.

And about the authenticator hack. They do it through a keylogger. If you ever get DC'd from a authen and cant log back in with the new number. thats when you're in trouble. the hacker logged your account during the same sessiion using the keylogged number your put in.

It seems hacked authenticators can only be hacked via real time. He's hacking, as you play.

Be Wary.

And as for the update. Nothing here. No eMail, I called them and thats all. They said they had a ticket in.

Quote by ProShift
And about the authenticator hack. They do it through a keylogger. If you ever get DC'd from a authen and cant log back in with the new number. thats when you're in trouble. the hacker logged your account during the same sessiion using the keylogged number your put in.

It seems hacked authenticators can only be hacked via real time. He's hacking, as you play.

Be Wary.

That's true, which is why, although it's possible to be hacked even if you have an authenticator...it is NOT possible to be hacked the same way you could be without one.

A hacker has a real-time window to steal your stuff after getting your credentials, not days or weeks as with a normal account compromise. They CAN'T lock you out of the account. And they can't keep using your account as a gold trading mule without you noticing.

The authenticator is not full proof, but it's MUCH harder to hack, and even if someone succeeds, it's much less useful to them.

--
I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.
- Terry Pratchett
Hmmm....is that why the authenticator login block is with the password now?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Retreat hell, we just got here.

For those that are using the iphone authenticator, remember to write down your authenticator serial # somewhere.

That way, when your wife drops your iphone, causing the touchscreen to stop working and as such making it impossible for you to unlock the phone and view the code, you have the serial # to give to customer service when you call to remove the authenticator from your account.
Quote by Ikaika
For those that are using the iphone authenticator, remember to write down your authenticator serial # somewhere.

That way, when your wife drops your iphone, causing the touchscreen to stop working and as such making it impossible for you to unlock the phone and view the code, you have the serial # to give to customer service when you call to remove the authenticator from your account.

roflmao

sounds like wisdom earned by experience....lol
Quote by Domxane

If anything, it lessens the window of opportunity for them to hack the account. If they have the right spyware on the machine, it'll know exactly when the wow.exe process is executed. They'll then immediately be blocking your credentials from being sent to blizzard and redirect them to their servers. That's basically how they've been hacking accounts with authenticators.

--

Quote by Galathian
Quote by Domxane

If anything, it lessens the window of opportunity for them to hack the account. If they have the right spyware on the machine, it'll know exactly when the wow.exe process is executed. They'll then immediately be blocking your credentials from being sent to blizzard and redirect them to their servers. That's basically how they've been hacking accounts with authenticators.

if keyloggers look for wow.exe process execution...mac is safe...they would have to write a program for our .xxx process, right?
Quote by Goomba
Quote by Galathian
Quote by Domxane

if keyloggers look for wow.exe process execution...mac is safe...they would have to write a program for our .xxx process, right?

The short answer is yes. Mac's aren't immune to infections, but are less susceptible. They could modify their trojan to look for whatever the wow process is on a mac.

--

<<< 1 2 3 >>>
[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)