!!!***!!!! Proshift has been Hacked !!!!!****!!!!!
!!!***!!!! Proshift has been Hacked !!!!!****!!!!!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [News]
Secondary: [Member] [News]

<<< 1 2 3
Quote by Galathian
Quote by Goomba
Quote by Galathian
Quote by Domxane
Hmmm....is that why the authenticator login block is with the password now?

If anything, it lessens the window of opportunity for them to hack the account. If they have the right spyware on the machine, it'll know exactly when the wow.exe process is executed. They'll then immediately be blocking your credentials from being sent to blizzard and redirect them to their servers. That's basically how they've been hacking accounts with authenticators.

if keyloggers look for wow.exe process execution...mac is safe...they would have to write a program for our .xxx process, right?

The short answer is yes. Mac's aren't immune to infections, but are less susceptible. They could modify their trojan to look for whatever the wow process is on a mac.

Indeed...and as long as Macs represent a much smaller percent of the market than Windows, fewer virus writers are going to even bother writing a Mac virus. They get a lot more potential targets writing Windows viruses.

--
I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.
- Terry Pratchett
for the record, even us lowly canadians can order an authenticator and get it shipped to us in roughly 3 days.

--
The rewards of this life now count for naught. My body, soon buried, and left to rot.
Good times gone, how quickly, an honest past. My god now, I see how, I've squandered each and every breath...
(Thrice - At the last)
3 days, really? Must be using greyhounds on the sleds now eh?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Retreat hell, we just got here.

<<< 1 2 3
[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)