Heroic Sinestra and Shamans.
Heroic Sinestra and Shamans.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Blog Comments]
Secondary: None

With the recent death of the hardest encounter in the game it has opened up a debate about how viable is a shaman in heroic encounters. After Paragon's kill a look into the raid comp was in order and noticed it had zero shamans involved. I know this is a world first guild, but in the question of min/maxing is a shaman worthwhile when all three specs are considered garbage and replaceable. Im not ranting I just wanted to ask my fello comrades what they think about this balance buzz. It sure makes me want to roll a hunter/priest Ive been playing a shaman since BC and always overlooked the complaints and whining but this actually suprised me, pretty much said no matter what I do I won't be able to be the best at anything.
The world first heroic LK kill had 0 mages. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Shamans will always be needed.

--

I think your performance speaks for itself, honestly.

Balance is indeed important, but balance at our level of play is different than what it looks like when you're a Paragon or Ensidia type guild. Mathematically perfect group comp, gear, spec, skills, whatever, is very interesting...but ultimately not directly applicable to what we're doing on a regular basis. You manage to top our DPS meters pretty often, so it seems like whatever shortcomings Paragon thinks shamans have, you manage to get past them

Obviously there is a balance to this as well, as certain specs/classes CAN be not fun to play at our level just as they can at Paragon's level. But it's not always the same specs or classes.

--
I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.
- Terry Pratchett
"Shamans are fine"

--
I think Kaelik pretty much summed it up quite nicely. I will say, though, that I think shamans could use a little extra loving from Blizzard's Buff Department. I dont know what changes Blizz will make for the dps builds next patch but I know that Resto should be getting a boost. So maybe it'll get better for you after a few patches.

Also, certain encounters are better/worse for different classes. Maybe that particular fight is hard on shamans so thats why they didnt take any (I know know about that fight so I dont know. Just a guess). Atramedes, for example, is rough on melee with the air phase making the boss unreachable but that doesn't necessarily mean the melee are bad.

Also, if it makes ya feel any better, according to the WoL reports I'll never beat a holy priest on heals as a paladin for most encounters because of the AoE that's going on. And priest's CoH aoe heal I believe is receiving a buff next patch. I just look at it as an opportunity to try that much harder and then if I manage to win in the end, the victory will be that much sweeter because it will spell out "Skill" more loudly. It's sort of like those fighting games where you can battle someone with a handicap and then when you win you're much more badass than if you won without the handicap

--

............Website | WoL | WoW-Heroes | Guild | Shawover#1259 (RealID)
2nd world kill had 2 shammies, 1 resto, 1 dps

--
I try to take things one day at a time...but sometimes several days attack me at once!

[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members