Prot Paladin Can't Jump
Prot Paladin Can't Jump
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Public]
Secondary: None

A question for paladins. As a tank, I want to be closeish to my hit and expertise cap, but I've been reading a lot of things lately that say "nuts to that" and just stack all avoidance. I have modified my character a bit to reflect this, but I can't see getting rid of all my aggro abilities. What do you all think?
Been trying to figure this out on my pally -- coming from have little or no hit and expertise and wondering if i should stack some - i get alot of misses swings and abilities - never had a taunt fail. I do see some threat problems if i get a bad streak at start, but overall its no biggie really.... Thinking i will get the hit where i can but not going to really worry about it. Might be concerned on an upgrade that make me lose what little i have though lol

Taunt's haven't been able to miss since 4.0
Interrupts are no longer able to miss as of 4.1

So, hit is a pure threat stat now for tanks. The first 10 seconds of any fight I always watch threat and use my biggest abilities because I know some of our raiders (Mono, Lita looking at you ) will be right there with me. Right now I'm around 6.5% hit on my tank set - lots of DK tanks I've seen are much much lower but I like being able to count on a deathstrike hitting more often than not when I need a big heal.

Expertise - Blizzard has said multiple times there are very few if any parry-gib encounters still in existence and none in the current tier. I've got mine at 24%

Looking at Maloriak log where I was tanking and in front of the boss 100% with 6.5% hit and 24 experience over 5:55

- I had 26 "glances" on white attacks
- 2 misses and 5 parries on Heart Strike
- 1 miss and 4 parries on white attacks
- 1 miss and 2 parries on death strikes

--
I try to take things one day at a time...but sometimes several days attack me at once!
I also runn 22% expt and 6ish % hit. I know when I miss a big hit it really pisses me off, b/c I still have my holy power and I'm wasting a charge of it when I use the next hit to crusader strike (paladins use crusader strike every other ability). And I dont feel squishy, but i'm sure I could help out the healers with a touch more avoidance...it just feels wrong.
wow pallys and DKs must need a lot more hit/exp then warriors as i only run with 1-2% in both and dont have any problems with threat when in the right spec for it

--
"I'm not saying that I'm going to change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that does."
Lesaine Crooks
I have a really large hit with my shield that is an auto crit, but it blows all my holy power, but if it misses, the proc to have it crit might be gone by the time my GCD comes back around, so it sucks.

I suppose I'll try stacking a touch more avoidance and see how that goes.

[Back to Index]
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Biebi is the last poster
78 Unique Guild Members
183 Characters (alts included)
0 Raiding Characters
81 Website/Forum Members